The color RED...
she is intoxicating, she is mesmerizing, and she is the moment!
So iconic that she has her own theory; but why does it work so well?
I think we can all agree that when someone wears Red, their attracting eyes of all kinds. Whether those eyes are reading sensuality, vibrancy, or passion, they're still automatically drawn to the color. Maybe it's because the color Red is familiar, like blood or flesh. Or it could be that we just associate Red with a plethora of wonderful and terrible things. Love: Heartbreak, Life: Death, etc.
For example in India, Red often symbolizes love, strength, purity, commitment, and bravery, and is often related to the Goddess Durga for strength and bravery. Red represents good luck, fortune, danger, prosperity, destruction, long life, mourning, honor, love; the list goes on.
My point being that Red means a lot of things to everyone. So you can't really tell what someone's thinking when they are observing the color Red. There are many possibilities, and that is why the Red theory works. Because of Red's endless meaning.
Interesting, right?
I love the color red, but when I wear it I feel like I am shouting "look at me; I am here and I am outlandishly mysterious". When living in the city, I feel is okay but living in the surburbs, where cookie cutter and vanilla is better, not so much. Thanks for the thought provoing post.
ReplyDelete