If I were a perfume...
My top notes would be: Lotus, Bergamont
My heart notes would be: Jasmine, Cardamom
My base notes would be: White Amber, Ylang ylang
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I was 9 years old, when I learned about how aromatic compounds are layered to create a pleasant experience as fragrances fade. My mother had a cabinet filled with small glass bottles and viles, each one labeled, and some in a little plastic baggy. Few of the glass bottles were made of a darker tinted glass to better protect the essence of that fragrance. My mother dabbled in the fascinating World of Fragrance, and taught me what she knew. I remember when my mother and I made a lotion with our very own custom concoction; we even made a colorful label as if we were creating a product to sell.
I never knew this experience with my mother would give me the great interest that I have in Fragrance now. I love going into places like Ulta, Sephora, or Macy's and smelling perfumes. It could be to find a new perfume for the season or just to deconstruct the perfume with my nose. But be warned, doing either is just as fun!
Next time you are shopping for perfume or anything of the sort, try and pick it apart with your nose. Even if you can only narrow it down to something simple like vanilla, lemon, or rose.
Your nose knows more than you think...
Inspiriert wurde ich durch den Duft der Rosen im Garten meines Großvaters ;-)
ReplyDelete