"pitter patter pitter patter"
- sings the rain that falls around me
Few things remind me of the rain; being in it, hearing it, seeing it, anything to do with rain. Sometimes it's a perfectly clouded gray sky, a perfume that smells of crisp freshly fallen rain, the feeling of a damp breeze enveloping you as you step outside, etc.
For me, the most peaceful thought, is sitting on the edge of a dock at a lakeside cabin. Wearing a loose button down shirt two sizes too big, my hair messily dancing with each of its strands in the damp breeze, the sight of the calm motionless water stretched across the horizon. Not long after I'm sitting on the dock by myself, my lover comes out of the cabin to join me. From behind I'm greeted by his arm reaching around to hand me a cup of coffee, because he makes it better and we both know it. Followed by that a kiss, sweet and warm. We'll both sit there at the edge of the dock, feeling like we never want that moment to end.
That is my happy place.
This is the place I go to in my head when I need a reminder of what I want out of my life, when I need to calm down and think of what brings me peace.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My best friend invited me to go to her cabin with her last summer. One of the best places I've ever been. Core memories were made on that trip and I will never forget the peace I felt on that dock. Gray sky, calm waters, the cool breeze surrounding me as I dip my feet into the cold lake; watching that one movement ripple throughout, softly into a bigger and bigger circle.
Sounds so dreamy and effortless.
ReplyDelete